[DeTomaso] High Ported Iron Closed Chamber 4V head flow results

mark skwarek ehpantera at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 19:38:22 EST 2014

Are there any pictures of the vanes that are being discussed?
Mark

On Sunday, February 9, 2014 7:23 PM, Stephen Nelson <steve at snclocks.com> wrote:

I believe flow vanes act to reduce
turbulence in a flow stream.  The Reynolds number, a dimensionless
quantity that is used to help predict similar flow patterns in different fluid
flow situations, is directly proportionate to the diameter of the flow
channel.  Putting in a vane reduces the flow diameter, thereby reducing
turbulence and increasing flow.

Stephen Nelson

SNClocks.com
Click here to join one of our mailing
lists Contact
Lists
Click here for our new Hammered
Dulcimers galleries
Click here for my new blog on finding happiness
in retirement