[DeTomaso] NPC San Diego Activities

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Feb 8 11:52:25 EST 2014

You can take the Red Trolley downtown and hit 2 really fun areas.  The Gaslamp area which is on 5th all the way down to the Convention Center.
       TONS of shops, restaurants, bars and live music.   You can go to the bar I owned called Jimmy Loves.  (We started it with the name Johnny Loves).  5th & G.
Then hop over the Seaport Village.  Really fun and beautiful.  LOTS (I mean tons of restaurants).
Across from the Convention Center is Kansas City BBQ where most of the bar scenes were shot for Top Gun.  A bit of a tourist trap now, but fun to have a beer.
The Fish Market (next to Seaport Village) is a great place to eat with beautiful view of the bay.  Good food.   A+++++
Next to the Fish Market is the Aircraft Carrier USS Midway & Museum.  Wow!  You must see if you get there.  A+++++

If you are REALLY adventurous you can take the ferry over to Coronado Island, take a taxi to Hotel Del!   Incredibly beautiful and lost of history.

ALL while you are downtown.

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>