[DeTomaso] Restoration Planning - Need your input

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Feb 7 22:17:24 EST 2014

After having owned, wrenched on, cussed at and enjoyed the hell out of #6328
for exactly 10 years now, I have decided that in a year or two, I am going
to tear her down and have all the body and frame issues cleaned up, get a
few things done that I've always wanted to do, and put her back together as
one finished piece.  In the meantime, I'm going to start collecting parts,
seeking advice, begging for a kitchen pass and generally doing my homework
so I can do as much of the tear down and rebuilding as possible, enjoy the
experience, and save a luggage tub full of parts money.

I'd like to talk offline with a few folks who have done similar
restorations, and how they went about a few things.  Engine and trans have
already been rebuilt, so will be pulled and set aside.  Have upgraded
cooling and suspension already as well, so those will be removed, cleaned
and set aside.  Currently having interior pieces (console/dash) recovered,
and have a great interior guy to help me put that back together.  Pulling
things such as the wiring harness and brake lines, in addition to stripping
undercoating, will be new territory, but I've learned so much at this stage,
I'm willing to tackle anything.  I plan to present a bare shell to the Metal
Man, of which I have two in mind: one local and one in Olalla, Oregon.  I
have a ton of questions.  Send me a reply offline if you would so I can
start this part of my planning.

Thanks in advance!
Mike Thomas
VP, POCA