[DeTomaso] Brian Hill's 410 cubic inch cast iron Cleveland on the dyno

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:14:23 EST 2014

> Dan, I've got this nagging question about the Dynomation software you
> are using. - does it help calculate what the advance curve should be in the
> distributor?

Yes it does.  You select the combustion chamber style from a menu,
along with the bore, stroke, static compression ratio, cam specs, etc.
which determine the dynamic compression ratio and it adjusts the
baseline curve for the combustion chamber style.  However, it doesn't
know whether the combustion chamber is aluminum or iron.  I generally
allow the program to compute the ideal advance curve while designing
cams and only use a real spark curve when I trying to match dyno data.
 I've not tried to see how close to reality the predicted spark curve
is to what we find on the dyno.

Dan Jones