[DeTomaso] Aluminium intake manifold treatment

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Feb 7 09:24:58 EST 2014

  Dear Asa,

               I just checked with the local Jet Hot shop.   They can
take machined cast iron heads and mask off all the areas you would not
want coated.  The coating process cooks the material and the heads at
650 degrees.  They say that they have not seen any problems with
upsetting the previously done machine work, that "they know of".   Ball
park cost is $200 per cylinder head.   They allege that the cost is not
so much for the coating surface area, but the work involved in masking
off the important areas.

               So.....that is the report.

                          Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles