[DeTomaso] UK vintage race Pantera video

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Feb 6 13:53:35 EST 2014

In a message dated 2/6/14 2 34 29, writes:

> Video of a guy named Terry Gisborne, who has a highly modified Pantera
> that he races in some sort of vintage class in England.
>
>>>Here is an e-mail I just got from Terry:

 Mike,
I'm having trouble sending mail from my personal e-mail account, so I'm
using my business account.

I don't have the VIN number to hand, I'll find it & let you know. The wheel
arches (19" wheels) where custom made, as were the side skirts and general
all over body blending & shaping. The carbon splitter, rear wing, vents,
race seat & interior were designed & built by Reverie Carbon Products. The
gearbox was rebuilt & modified by MDV & Phil Peacock; they, also, fabricated a
limited slip differential (similar to the one they made for the Audi Le Mans
team). The engine was built & modified by MDV; it is due to be further
modified by Field Motorsport. The suspension is fully adjustable. The dampers are
Ohlins 3 way. The brakes are AP racing. Total rewire by DC electrics. so
many modifications it is as far away from a standard Pantera as it it possible
to get.

As for parts: the rear right suspension upright was damaged in the crash,
so I need another one. I probably won't use a standard Pantera part (even if
I could find one), I'll probably have a pair fabricated with bigger (wider)
bearings.

Currently, the car is undergoing body repairs; when they are finished I
will have moulds taken of the entire body (something I should have done long
ago), so I can easily replace body panels in future. When the bodyworks are
completed, the suspension damage will be dealt with. Hopefully, it will all be
completed before June, so I can race at the Brands Hatch Speedfest on 7 & 8
June.

here is a link to another You Tube clip from the Brands Hatch Speedfest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWjbMyO5L70

Regards
Terry

=