[DeTomaso] Aluminium intake manifold treatment

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Thu Feb 6 09:17:21 EST 2014

  Dear Bjoern and Forum,

              I am currently sanding and polishing up an aluminum intake
manifold.   In short order, I will take it Jet Hot and have it coated
with high polish aluminized ceramic coating.  Good news: it won't stain.
Easy to shine up.  More resistant to scratches and dings.    Bad news:
Cost is $215  (full pro polishing is $600, locally) and final appearance
depends on how smooth the metal finish is going into the coating
process.  FWIW.

                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles