[DeTomaso] Techno Question: the Pantera unibody "stethoscope"

B. SEIB oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 21 19:24:24 EST 2014

Dear Chuck

This link will give you all the reading you might want (and more) on this
subject:

"stethoscope" site:http://poca.com/detomaso

Merry Christmas!

Barry

_______

Dear Forum,

                       If I recall correctly, there is an alleged
"stethoscope" (or megaphone?)  peculiarity of the Pantera unibody.   One or
more  owners have described some opening down low in the engine compartment
that leads upward to the cabin.  This is supposed to efficiently transmit
the exhaust noise and magnify it to account for the notorious exhaust boom
or reasonance in the cabin at rpms ranging from about 2000 to 2500 rpms.

                         If anyone is familiar with this and can explain to
where to find the opening in the engine bay, then I would greatly appreciate
it.  I have ever so slightly disassembled my Pantera before the TWS date and
right now would be a good time to plug the opening....

                                            Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles