[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Shift Linkage U joints

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Dec 18 17:21:34 EST 2014

Dear Forum,

                           After inspecting my shift linkage U joints, I
found them surprisingly stiff.    Treatment with various lubricants failed
to change things.  I recently examined another set of U joints and found the
same condition.

                           Is it possible to dis-assemble the U joints for
more effective lubrication -or for machine shop modification---in order to
eliminate the built in stiffness and resistance of the factory U joints?
I would think that it would improve the function of the shift linkage.

                                     Warmest regards, Chuck  Engles