[DeTomaso] Speedometer Lights and A/C electrics

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:25:21 EST 2014

Forgive me, good sir, but here is my advice to any and all Pantera
owners, especially one writing a blog entitled "finding happiness in
retirement":
Do Not Monkey With Anything Electrical On Your Pantera Unless Dire
Circumstances Make This Absolutely Necessary.
An OCD-type approach to dash lamp re-wiring does not constitute dire
circumstances.
If you find yourself unable to resist doing this job, make sure your
next immediate purchase is a small fire extinguisher.
(tongue firmly in cheek)  = ]
 Sent using Hushmail
On December 18, 2014 at 7:13 AM, "Stephen"  wrote:Once again - thanks
guys for the quick response.  It sounds like perhaps on
the early cars the "Fan" light might have been tied to the radiator
fans.
Not a bad idea.  But, in looking at wiring diagrams it is apparent
that the
a/c compressor can be turned on without having the heater fan running.
Seems sort of odd.  Two thoughts - one is to add a light to the speedo
so
the unused idiot light tells when the compressor clutch is energized,
the
second is to change wiring a bit so that the a/c clutch can only be
energized when the heater fan is turned on.  I am assuming others have
already done this.  I was thinking I might add a relay to help protect
the
fan switch, but it is already coping with the fan motor - a lot bigger
draw
than the two relays for the a/c fan and the radiator fan that comes on
with
the clutch.
Stephen Nelson
  SNClocks.com

Click here to join one of our mailing lists
 Contact Lists

Click here for our new
 Hammered Dulcimers galleries

Click here for   my new blog on finding