[DeTomaso] Off-set bushings

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 22:06:07 EST 2014

The offset bushing are offset axially, i.e., the short larger diameter shoulder at one end of a bushing half is thicker and the short larger diameter shoulder at one end of a companion half is thinner.  If you install the bushings with the fatter shoulder on the same sides they move the control arm towards the half with the thinner shoulder.  If you install them to move the upper control are towards the rear and the lower control arm towards the front, you increase caster.

   bushing half isone end isone end  From: John Donahue <demongusta at me.com>
Can someone explain "off-set bushings? I had asked once before as I was changing out my A-arm bushings. Now that it is completed, it will (hopefully/maybe/might) make more sense to me. Thanks.
John

   use the links above.