[DeTomaso] Hot Start Issue

Richard Greenblum Richard at richardgreenblum.com
Mon Dec 15 15:25:53 EST 2014

I had the same problem, and did the same thing.  Checked everything and
added a ground cable.  It didn't work.  For other reasons, I moved the
battery to the Euro location, inside the right-rear wheel well‹where it
would be in relation to everything if it were a front-engined car.  Never
had the problem again.  I think with the heat soak and compression, the
length of the positive cable from the front location to the solenoid caused
too much resistance, especially when hot. I later added a high-torque
starter from PPC (Colorado).  That made it even better.

Richard
Austin, TX