[DeTomaso] Hot Start Issue

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Mon Dec 15 10:05:58 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

What happens in a starter to cause this is heat. The starter is in a very
hot spot. Our starters have very simple sleeve bearings. When everything
heats up it all expands and the sleeves are so sloppy the armature no longer
turns fast.

This was common with dozers back in the day. I blasted one starter with a
CO2 fire extinguisher to cool it off so we could start that beast.

Do check the lower cost and EZer electric things first.

Larry (no fun cranking wrenches in the mud)- Cleveland