[DeTomaso] Steering wheel wobble

Stephen steve at snclocks.com
Sun Dec 14 15:41:07 EST 2014

Right - I didn't comment on the rears because I find the recommendations in
various places curious.  It is well known that on front wheel drive cars the
toe-in is set a bit negative (as in toeing out a bit), so that, when the car
is powering down the road the cars will pull forward slightly, thereby
ending up with the tires going straight down the road.

It seems that the common recommendation for the rears is a sixteenth to an
eighth toe-in.  So, under power (as in most of the time) there will be more
like a quarter of an inch toe in.

I set up the rear with 0 toe and will see how it feels.  It is really easy
to change the toe later, so will probably do some experimentation.  Caster
is not an issue on the rear, and Camber I set at 0.

Hope that helps.

Stephen Nelson