[DeTomaso] LPC: Radar in the rain

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 12:39:02 EST 2014

Boyd,

All it would take would be one public-spirited citizen with a big shotgun or rifle to put those speed cameras right and then all would be good in your corner of the world. :)

England is especially fond of speed cameras. For awhile, charitable people were hanging old tires from the camera boxes, pouring gas into them and then setting them on fire. While these Robin Hoods were celebrated by the people, the government didn't have much of a sense of humor about it, and a few people got very long prison sentences (5-10 yrs maybe?) after the cops set up cameras to look AT the cameras and used those to track down the rebels. Once word got out about that, the practice pretty much died out....

Mike

Sent from my iPhone