[DeTomaso] LPC: Radar in the rain

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 18:38:28 EST 2014

For the record SONAR isn't "underwater RADAR" .
RADAR and SONAR are both detection systems used to identify objects and
their position related parameters when they are at a distance and not
directly observable. RADAR stands for RAdio Detection and Ranging, and
SONAR stands for SOund Navigation And Ranging. Both detection systems use
the method for detection of the reflection of a transmitted signal. The
type of the signal used in the system makes all the difference; RADAR uses
radio waves, which are electromagnetic waves and SONAR uses acoustic or
sound waves, which are mechanical waves. Variety of applications and
differences in the operation of the systems are due to the restrictions
posed by the properties of these waves.
Boyd

   On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Tomas Gunnarsson <[1]guson at home.se>