[DeTomaso] electrical problems

edracers at aol.com edracers at aol.com
Sat Dec 13 17:18:03 EST 2014

Aloha
Recently I have had a problem that has not been solved yet. My 1972 L is eating batteries.

I charge the battery put it  in the car and it starts. The next morning the battery is dead ..... down to 1 volt. I did this a couple of times and even replaced the battery. Same problem.

 I drove the car to the repair shop and the amp meter was trying to fully charge the system (it was pegged to full charge). So far the mechanic has not been able to determine the drain.

Has anyone had a similar problem or any clues as to what could be causing the drain?

Ed Kemper