[DeTomaso] POCA Board Decision to Rescind the PDF Ballot Option for BoD Elections

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:04:47 EST 2014

>From the By-Laws:

Article IV (k)  On October 1st, ballots and pre-printed return envelopes
are to be provided to Regular members via first-class U.S. mail, with space
provided on the ballot for voting by both the Regular member and the
designated Associate member, if applicable, *together with instructions for
their return to the Election Committee and containing the date that the
ballots must be postmarked and/or received to be eligible to be counted*;

My reading of the last part is that they must be "postmarked" OR they may
be "received" by that date. Your reading of this section of the By-Laws may
be different than mine.

No where does it mention that they need to be received by US Mail. Just my
2 cents. This does allow the Board to specify how "delivery" is to be made,
however, which is what they have done. First by US Mail in the original
distribution of the ballots in the Newsletter. (Not by first-class US Mail,
just to set the record straight.) Then it was changed to include email
submission. And now, it was changed again to US mail.

Jeff
6559

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>    Judith,
>
>    Thank you for your such prompt action, way to go in valuing individual
>    membership from folks who are not board members.
>
>    Julian
>
>    From: jpoca2 at hotmail.com
>    To: julian_kift at hotmail.com
>    Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] POCA Board Decision to Rescind the PDF Ballot
>    Option for BoD Elections
>    Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:14:17 -0800
>    Taken care of, remember that the  by laws were written before the
>    internet was invented.  Sorry you feel the way you do.  You have never
>    been active to keep the club going.  So maybe you will not be missed.
>    Judith McCartney, Membership Director & Fun Rally coordinator.
>    From: julian_kift at hotmail.com
>    To: mbefthomas at comcast.net; detomaso at poca.com
>    Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:32:58 -0800
>    CC: jderyke at aol.com; rreidcpa at aol.com; jjd1010 at aol.com;
>    mikeldrew at aol.com; jb841 at cox.net; tipo874a at msn.com
>    Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] POCA Board Decision to Rescind the PDF Ballot
>    Option for BoD Elections
> WTF, you can't publicly issue a statement telling the people one thing,
> have the
> m act on that and then 5 days prior to the election end rescind it.
>
> This will go down in history as the death of POCA, please rescind my
> membership
> as quickly as you have rescinded my vote.
>
> Julian
> Unsubscribe me from POCA
>
> > From: mbefthomas at comcast.net
> > To: detomaso at poca.com
> > Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 06:02:27 -0800
> > CC: JDeRyke at aol.com; RREIDCPA at aol.com; JJD1010 at aol.com;
> MikeLDrew at aol.com; jb8
> 41 at cox.net; tipo874A at msn.com
> > Subject: [DeTomaso] POCA Board Decision to Rescind the PDF Ballot Option
> for
> BoD Elections
> >
> > With profuse apologies for the confusion over the POCA Board elections,
> and
> > in the interests of adhering more strictly to the By Laws which we have
> set
> > in place to govern our activities, we must immediately rescind the
> decision
> > to allow PDF balloting for the special election intended to clear up the
> > voting for the Profiles editor.  Since the second round of ballots were
> sent
> > to the POCA membership in November, there will have been more than 30
> days
> > for anybody to get their ballot returned by US or Canadian postage.
> >
> > Only those second round ballots which Chuck Engles receives by mail will
> be
> > counted.
> >
> > Again, our apologies confusion and miscommunication.
> >
> > Mike Thomas
> > VP, POCA
> > VP, Panteras Northwest
> > Yellow '74 #6328

   From the By-Laws:
   Article IV (k)A  On October 1st, ballots and pre-printed return
   envelopes are to be provided to Regular members via first-class U.S.
   mail, with space provided on the ballot for voting by both the Regular
   member and the designated Associate member, if applicable, together
   with instructions for their return to the Election Committee and
   containing the date that the ballots must be postmarked and/or received
   to be eligible to be counted;A
   My reading of the last part is that they must be "postmarked" OR they
   may be "received" by that date. Your reading of this section of the
   By-Laws may be different than mine.A
   No where does it mention that they need to be received by US Mail. Just
   my 2 cents. This does allow the Board to specify how "delivery" is to
   be made, however, which is what they have done. First by US Mail in the
   original distribution of the ballots in the Newsletter. (Not by
   first-class US Mail, just to set the record straight.) Then it was
   changed to include email submission. And now, it was changed again to
   US mail.A