[DeTomaso] Pantera in Wall Street Journal today

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:41:47 EST 2014

Comments like that keep the snooty bastards away from our cars.  I see
no problem.
My car originally looked just like that one.
Funny that the guy says his wife didn't want him to sell it.  I had a
girlfriend who once asked me which of my cars I would sell first, if I
had to.
(I also have a 65 Buick Riviera and a 60 Cadillac hearse).  Thinking
quickly of the car I was at the time driving the least, I told her
"probably the Pantera, because it's a shame I don't drive it much.
This is a car that should be driven and enjoyed."  At the time, I was
living where I never really got out of 2nd gear.  If I wanted to
really drive it, I had to take a road trip.  Or, at least make a day
of it and that seldom happened.
When she heard my answer, she looked at me in utter horror, as if I
had gone absolutely bonkers.  I loved her for that.
Of course, I ended up keeping it and I am so glad I did.  My life
changed since then and I now live where I routinely get into 4th.  In
less than an hour I can be where I can top 5th, balls providing.
 Sent using Hushmail
On December 9, 2014 at 3:40 PM, "Jeff Udelson via DeTomaso"
wrote:Nice article with some moronic comments .

"A kit car,and junk and handled like a supermarket trolley."

"It looks kind of like a cross between a Delorean and a Bricklin."