[DeTomaso] New engine now air scoops

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 13:09:49 EST 2014

Ken,
I know I have seen functional scoops using the "decorative " fins you
mentioned. Those are the ones they were referring to when they said the
"ones that don't work" I agree with you that I think the "elephant ears"
are extremely unattractive.  I would think there should be some way to make
the decorative fins into a functional  opening.
Boyd

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Boyd,
>
>     I like the look of the Pantera so much that I don't like things like
> replacing the windows with scoops.  What I'd like is to replace the metal
> grills (?) with something that looks very similar but is functional.  For
> example, something with the same fins, but having an opening behind them,
> and a clear lexan cover forming a scoop over them.  The body widens a bit
> behind the grills, so the rear edge of the scoop can flare into the body.
>
> Ken

>  *From:* Boyd Casey <boyd411 at gmail.com>

   ears" are extremely unattractive.A  I would think there should be some
   way to make the decorative fins into a functionalA  opening.
   Boyd

   On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 10:21 PM, Ken Green <[1]kenn_green at yahoo.com>