[DeTomaso] New engine.

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 7 15:52:54 EST 2014

What about the roof mounted scoop?

On Sunday, December 7, 2014 11:11 AM, David <adin at frontier.net> wrote:

   Two comments here about getting air to the engine:

   I have documented a 50 degree difference in air temps between the
   airfilter area and the window area.  Something needs to be done.

   My tuft tests (admittedly at legal speeds)  did NOT show a boundary
   layer at the quarter window.  Do things change at speed?  (stay tuned!)

   David

   I have said this before and will mention it again.  The side scoops
   work

   great.

   The pantera does not need forced air in the engine that a scoop is
   usually

   built for.

   We really have good power with out that.

   The pantera engine needs cool air.

   Unless someone comes up with better scoop for forced air- the scoops in
   the

   windows adds cool air and makes the car runs a lot better.

   I am in arizona and with the cool air it idles better and comes off the

   throttle more responsive.

   If you live in the cold country, maybe it does not matter much.