[DeTomaso] New engine.

David adin at frontier.net
Sun Dec 7 14:11:28 EST 2014

Two comments here about getting air to the engine:

I have documented a 50 degree difference in air temps between the airfilter
area and the window area.  Something needs to be done.

My tuft tests (admittedly at legal speeds)  did NOT show a boundary layer at
the quarter window.  Do things change at speed?  (stay tuned!)

David

I have said this before and will mention it again.  The side scoops work

great.

The pantera does not need forced air in the engine that a scoop is usually

built for.

We really have good power with out that.

The pantera engine needs cool air.

Unless someone comes up with better scoop for forced air- the scoops in the

windows adds cool air and makes the car runs a lot better.

I am in arizona and with the cool air it idles better and comes off the

throttle more responsive.

If you live in the cold country, maybe it does not matter much.