[DeTomaso] Weber's or IR Stack EFI for high HP applications

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 16:38:13 EST 2014

I was asking Dan Jones about  running Weber's on the engine he and Dave
McClain are   putting together for me. Dave is building and Dan doing the
simulation and design.  It's a 408 stroker A-3heads fully ported  (not back
from the porter yet ) so they have not been bench flowed yet. I really like
the looks and sound of a stack set up and since I am running 180 degree
headers the sound with stacks the sound can't be beat.  Since my engine is
expected to be producing north of 635 HP at 6500 rpm Dan thought that
Weber's wouldn't supply enough fuel to reach the maximum HP potential. Does
anyone have experience or opinions on a set up that would  allow for the
optimum low , mid range and high end  HP  without  losing any throttle
response or HP at any of the key points.

 On another point who makes the best Chassis stabilization kit ( rigidity
kit) for use on a 1971 L.  I already have Billet rear risers , CV joints (
porsche 930) poly bushings from Dennis Quella ( along with his Koni set up
and coil overs, Sphere ball end sway bars Front a-arms modified by johnny
woods modified for maximum adjustable castor, Brembo 4 piston calipers from
a Porsche 911 turbo, Coleman custom made rotors with center directional
vanes and gas vents and custom billet hats. Dual CNC master cylinders with
a balance bar long throw clutch master with SS sleeve and  Anodized Slave
cylinder with SS sleeve. So I want to get the best possible  Rigidity kit
for the full chassis Front hood,rear engine compartment, under chassis.
Also any other recommendation which could be made to help deal with the
high horsepower and torque.