[DeTomaso] Transaxle swap

Corey Price coreyjprice at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 15:05:09 EST 2014

Asa Jay,

If we do this right, Mendeola will machine the case. Currently the whole thing is too long but I'll be working on that part with the guys at Mendeola. I think it will take a change to the rear case where the oil pump inlet is, but the output shaft end should clear and that was the important part as I understand it.  I think the fill and drain plugs will probably be reworked by Mendeola for Pantera-specific figment as they are missing on the case they sent me. I understand they build to order.

The axle locations are almost the exact same as the ZF.  It comes with a CNC slave, fork, and throw out bearing.

I'm still waiting for the flame throwers!

Corey