[DeTomaso] By-Laws (Re: POCA Election and email voting)

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Dec 6 14:18:36 EST 2014

I'm rather with Julian on this interpretation.  It's really item L that
gets specific, that votes may only be on the original ballot.  But the
latest ballot was on a PDF, ergo... it should be returned as a PDF.  :)

Was the original ballot sent in accordance with the by-laws?  It was
included with the newsletter this year (thank you for that), but was it
mailed using First Class mail?  Or media mail?  Or bulk?  I don't
remember and I throw away the envelope.

Even if they were sent correctly, the only stipulation in item K is to
follow the return "instructions."  Well, those instructions -could- be
to snail mail them, email them, carve them in stone and deliver by horse
and cart, or spit in the wind.

It would seem, with the accidental omission on this year's ballot that
is now being compensated for by the pdf ballot, that official
instruction could be modified to accommodate emailing of the original
PDF ballot back to the official ballot counter.  After all, if we wish
to try and adhere to item L, which states an official ballot needs to be
returned... well, the official ballot was a pdf.  :)

I think this needs one or more POCA Board members to step in and make an
administrative decision; preferably the President.

I'm just sayin'
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie