[DeTomaso] By-Laws (Re: POCA Election and email voting)

Bill Moore bill at incendium.com
Sat Dec 6 13:09:21 EST 2014

Sirs:
Let the changes begin, time fot the President  and board  step  up and do the right thing.

Cheers,

Bill Moore
Incendium Supply
Calgary

http://www.poca.com/index.php/club/by-laws

Note section 4. Elections:
Subsection (e):
(e) It shall be the function of the Election Committee to contact
individuals nominated for office; to verify their availability for
office; to verify that they are members in good standing both at the
time of their nomination and, if successful, at the time of their
election; to solicit additional nominees if warranted; to prepare, mail
and receive ballots; to verify eligibility of both Regular and Associate
members for voting; to count the valid votes; and to announce the
successful candidates;

and subsection (k) through (n):

(k)  On October 1st, ballots and pre-printed return envelopes are to be
provided to Regular members via first-class U.S. mail, with space
provided on the ballot for voting by both the Regular member and the
designated Associate member, if applicable, together with instructions
for their return to the Election Committee and containing the date that
the ballots must be postmarked and/or received to be eligible to be counted;

(l)   Voting shall be by secret written ballot and only on the original
ballot form as provided by POCA;

(m) Only Regular and Associate members in good standing shall be
entitled to vote;

(n)  Only Associate members who are specifically designated as such by
Regular members will be entitled to vote;

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I would agree the methods could
change now that we're in the 21st century, but it will take a change to
the by-laws, which has it's own problems.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA
******************************
http://www.racingagainstautism.com
http://www.teampanteraracing.com
http://facebook.com/racingagainstautism

On 12/6/2014 9:44 AM, Bill Moore wrote:
>     People, All.
>
>     Come on it is 2014, damn near 15.
>
>     Just  because  I have  a 40 year old car, it should not mean i vote bu
>     snail mail.
>
>     John Buckman, I thought we covered this off Thursday night.
>
>     I completely  agree  with Julian.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Bill Moore
>
>     Incendium Supply
>
>     Calgary

   The POCA By-Laws are published publicly for all to see:

   12/06/14