[DeTomaso] 351c Deck Height?

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:46:32 EST 2014

I checked my deck height on the last 2 engines.

The previous engine was pretty far off.  One side was 0.010" "in the
hole".  The other was 0.003 to 0.007 or something like that.  Memory
fails.  I had it zero decked - mostly to make it consistent.  It doesn't
sound like much, but I think it was 0.25-to-1 difference in CR.

My current block was spot on.

But no - it isn't too late once you have pistons.  You assemble it,
measure the distance in-the-hole at TDC, and then take the block back to
the shop to fix problems.

I've also heard that early 351C blocks had a slightly lower deck height.
--
Will