[DeTomaso] Campy Wheel Values 7s vs 8s

E B mghibli7 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:31:46 EST 2014

Gentlemen,

As some of you may remember I recently asked for an 8" campy to replace a damaged one.

Someone from the list replied that he had the wheel I needed but it was in a pair and he (understandably) only wanted to sell the set. I purchased them but as it turns out, the wheels are in fact 7s not 8s.

I know that Campys are stamped on the side but it wasn't visible on this set as they have been powder coated a gray/silver color. They are in good condition and the coating is nice.

Mike Drew already indicated to me that 7s don't have a lot of value except maybe to the Mustang crowd. I need to get a consensus on value from the list. I have agreed to keep/sell them (shipping them back is a waste) and we will then work out the price difference. Right now I paid 8" price for 7" wheels.

I have attached three photos to show the wheel and that it is not the same as one of my 8s.

Regards,
Emiliano (Seriously overstocked on 7" wheels in the Southwest)
5910L
7205GTS