[DeTomaso] Instructions for reaching headlight motor and gear

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Sat Aug 30 12:33:36 EDT 2014

Charlie, on my setup with a thicker Fluidyne radiator sloped forward and an AC condenser attached in front, I pulled the three 8mm bolts holding the steel plate  on which the motor was mounted. The assembly dropped down and came out the left wheel well with no problem. When putting the repaired assembly back, pull up on the motor/plate while tightening the bolts until the motor gear FULLY engages with the sector gear on the connecting bar. This ensures the headlights do not shake from vibration while on the road. All bolting can be done from the top but the removal and reinstall is more convenient from the bottom.