[DeTomaso] Instructions for reaching headlight motor and gear

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 08:13:21 EDT 2014

Hi all

My headlights don't go up. They raise a little bit, and then sort of
flutter- thump, thump, thump, but don't go up any more. I am suspecting that
the plastic gear may have broken and plan to begin troubleshooting by
checking the motor. The headlights turn on, power reaches the motor, but
neither light raises much.

Before Mike says to RTFM, I don't have my owner's manual nearby. Are there
any good webpages with instructions for reaching the headlight motor? I
checked Pantera Place but didn't see anything there. Any advice? I plan to
remove the front wheel and splash shield and start disassembling stuff. Am I
on the right path?

Thanks!