[DeTomaso] fuel cell

George B gkb1968 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 17:05:19 EDT 2014

Boyd,

I've used a Fuelsafe Cell for the last 10yrs.  See attached photo.  It is from Pantera Performance in Co and fits like a stock replacement part.  It has all the safety features including check valves for ever opening.  It also came with an adjustable sender that works better than the original did.

My car usually sees a few track days per year, but it is also nice to have for the street.  If you look at the Pantera it isn't too hard to image a side impact that could break the back window and rupture the flimsy original tank.  With fuel, exhaust headers, the distributor and your head in very close proximity it could be a disaster.  Plus the baffles work very well to keep the pickup tube covered in fuel even running with slicks on long hard corners.

At the time it was about double the price of a reporduction tank (~$2200).

Let me know if you need anymore info.

George