[DeTomaso] Electric Track car

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:25:05 EDT 2014

I would buy an all electric sports car if they solved the battery problem.

It needs at least a 100 mile range, and it needs to last 3-5 years without
degradation.

It doesn't even need to be a sports car.  It just needs to have decent
acceleration, and it needs to have reserve for rain, wind, traffic,
passing, etc., plus it needs A/C.

It should not have sound enhancing.  If I want thundering exhaust, an
electric is a poor substitute.

I prefer electric golf carts over gas, but some courses require gas carts.
 Sometimes, quiet is good.

I don't see internal combustion going away anytime soon.  Electric may get
better, but it has a long way to go before it can do everything IC can do.
--
Will