[DeTomaso] Fuel pump expired

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:19:04 EDT 2014

You need to run a line from a gas can to the fuel pump.

Mine was plugged at the tank.  I replaced a good original pump with a
crappy new replacement before I found the problem.  The original pump felt
2lbs heavier.

This is what I use:  http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/ford550.html

It is very nice, but it is also much larger than the original.  It fits,
but it is a pain.

If you replace the pump, set the engine on TDC 180deg out from #1.  That
puts the eccentric in the top position, so it is much easier to install
the fuel pump.
--
Will