[DeTomaso] Fuel pump expired

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Thu Aug 28 05:52:00 EDT 2014

I've been on the road all year and #1488 has sat up in the garage in the
middle of a project that keeps her off the road anyhow. The last time I
cranked the engine was 4 months ago and it ran fine. I tried last weekend
and am getting no fuel to the carb.

I am still running a stock mechanical pump that I assume got bit by
ethanol.  Is there a preferred replacement? Do I need to worry about gas in
my oil? Could the problem be in my tank?

Thoughts?