[DeTomaso] Affected by the eathquake?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 14:44:15 EDT 2014

In a message dated 8/25/14 11 15 36, tcabanski at tencom.com writes:

OK Mike?

>>>Indeed--thanks for asking!   We had zero damage here.   My Pantera was
up on the lift so I was a bit concerned, but thankfully it stayed put (I also
use a floor jack under the back when it's on the lift, as insurance).

To be sure, it was a strong earthquake and it woke us up.   We checked for
damage, then Lori started getting Facebook posts immediately from other
friends in the area.   Her daughter-in-law just moved into her old house 30
minutes away from us, and she had never felt an earthquake before.   She was
pretty freaked out, so we jumped in the truck and drove down there.
Apparently it hit a bit harder there, as a few knick-knacks were knocked off shelves
etc.   Only after we arrived did we learn that the epicenter was so close to
us (about equal distance from both houses).

We have a few forum lurkers who live right in Napa, including GoNancy Haney
and her husband Mike.   I haven't heard from them yet, but Ron Southern put
a hilarious post on the PI forum.   He can't post to this forum (even
though he's subscribed) for some reason, so he sent it to me to copy-and-paste:

=====

The price was right, but the ride was way too short.........
Posted by: PanTTera (419) on 2014-08-24 21:14:48

My alarms were set for waking/watching F1 from Belgium at 4:30, but a 6.1
magnitude waking/shaking alarm at 3:20 epicentered 10 miles to the east
changed those plans.

Initially I thought it to be a thunderstorm because of the electrical
flashes coming from outside, but then quickly recognized the California dance
with no power at all.

No structural damage to the house, but lots of loud noises with pictures
and things leaping off the walls, and I think it magnetized the cat. Still,
when dragged out from under the bed, he won't stand up but hugs the floor
facing east - the direction all that quaking/noise/shaking came from, with REAL
BIG eyes. Thumping on the floor now returns him quickly back under the bed,
hunkered down, like a compass facing east, with REAL BIG eyes.

In the garage, a few parts jumped off of the hanging Audi parts collection
to land harmlessly on the workbench, but both cars slept unharmed and
untouched throughout all the exitement.

Thanks for your question and concern.

And that Belgium GP? power was restored at 7:40am so I'm looking for a
replay of it and happy I've got the power to watch inside and listen outside for
INDY/Sonoma.............

=========

So thankfully things went well there at least.   Hopefully GoNancy will
check in shortly?