[DeTomaso] NPC good idea for mileage.

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 00:12:38 EDT 2014

Hybrid is mostly marketing, which is important just like engineering is
important.

When our Insight was new, it did 73mpg all day long (highway).  But if you
factor in the $1500 battery replacement every 70,000 miles, it doesn’t
sound so good.

I’d rather have a 4-cylinder turbo, but they aren’t generally available in
the US.  When we bought the Insight, our only other choice was the turbo
diesel from VW.  Of course, we finally settled on the Honda, but it would
have been nice to have had a few more options.

>>> 13. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com
>>> 14. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com

>>> 18. mailto:jjdetrich at gmail.com
>>> 21. mailto:DeTomaso at poca.com