[DeTomaso] Flex-a-lite question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 20 23:39:28 EDT 2014

In a message dated 8/20/14 8 04 20, fresnofinches.com writes:

>   I've come to the conclusion the Hall Pantera Meriah fans are getting
> >    tired and are not up to the task of slow traffic cooling.
> >    I say this because in Summer/Winter I now always see a large jump in
> >    temp when I get into city traffic versus highway travel. 20-30
> degrees
> >    jump. Wasn't always that way.
>
>>>While there is a slight possibility your fans are fizzling out, I'd be
looking elsewhere for the source of your problems.   Those fans are really
(excuse the pun) fantastic, and I've never heard of them failing.

On the other hand, when was the last time you properly bled your cooling
system?   Your symptoms are consistent with air in the system.

What is the condition of the electrical power source for the fans?   Fuses
can become corroded, grounds can become compromised, and both of those will
slow down fans too.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace some of the best fans you can buy,
until you have conclusively demonstrated that they aren't working properly.
Try disconnecting them from the car's wiring and hooking them directly to the
battery and see if they spin faster?   If so, new fans won't help you....