[DeTomaso] "Getting back" into the game

DeTomaso Pantera tampapantera at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:25:11 EDT 2014

Hello All:
Some of you remember when nearly 15 years ago, I bought #2428 from Jim Last
in Sacramento. It was an interesting two point five years going from
essentially a rust issued car to taking my first ever trip to the Plaza
Hotel back around 2002 in #2428.  But to tell you the truth, I missed it:
welding, rewiring, restoring, and the like.  Also, during this time, as a
result of being familiar with the Ford marque, I also admired the vintage
Ford and Mercury cars, to include the Mustang.  Without further a due,
here's a picture of a 1966 coupe that I picked up earlier this week.  Also
not pictured are a six cylinder and transmission that was given to me (that
came from a 65 Ford Falcon).  I also have a spare C-6 trans that came with
the project.  I also bought a rotisserie from a local car restorer that
looks nearly brand new.  I'm already eying my welder and some candidate
sheet metal stuff so stay tuned! Cal #2428.