[DeTomaso] Techno Question: Bung placement on headers for A/F sensor

Jerry Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Sun Aug 17 12:57:11 EDT 2014

Charles,

Some of this will depend on whether you will be using an electronic
control unit or just an oxygen sensor for a dash meter.  I usually put a
bung in the header about 4 inches down from one cylinder for an exhaust
gas temp sender.  The oxy sensors I put in the exhaust pipe after the
collector about a foot.  I generally put in one extra with a plug so it
can be used for dyno tuning with a dedicated A/F meter attached to the
dyno.  I use one on each side for the newer electronic boxes and a
single for the older boxes (pre 94).  My 95 mustang is fuel injected and
has a modified Ford ECM - 5 bungs: 2 for ECM, 1 EGT , 1 A/F guage , 1
Dyno.  My 91 'P' is fuel injected has: 1 for the Electromotive GT box, 1
for A/F and 1 extra.  My 2 carbed Ps have only one each.  I pull the A/F
oxy sensor for the dyno.

Confusing as usual,
jerry knotts