[DeTomaso] Fantastic Pantera for sale in So-Cal

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 14:26:01 EDT 2014

Hi guys,

Bill Taylor contacted me the other day.   As eventually happens to
everyone, a So-Cal POCA member passed away a few years ago, and now his wife is
ready to sell his Pantera.   Bill has agreed to be the selling agent.

It's a killer So-Cal car, with a ton of work done by Don Byars.   It has an
all-aluminum Fontana 392-inch motor, which was actually built BY Joe
Fontana himself.   The motor is capable of 500+ hp at 7500 rpm, but the owner
wanted a solid street motor that would be liveable in LA traffic, not a race
motor, so the cam profile was chosen accordingly.

The car is red with black hood and decklid.   Oddly, it has 17-inch
Wilkinson Campagnolo replica wheels in the rear and stock 15-inch wheels in the
front (I would definitely want some matching wheels, one way or the other).
It also comes with the original 351C.

Over $40K in receipts from Don Byars and (guessing) $20K in the motor,
makes this a tremendous opportunity to buy a 'done' car.   Asking price is TBD;
contact Bill at SOBill at aol.com for info and photos....it will be on Provamo
soon too (if it isn't already....)