[DeTomaso] Old article from Hemmings

gonancy at juno.com gonancy at juno.com
Fri Aug 15 19:28:14 EDT 2014

Greetings All,

        Just a bit of a blast from the past for me, but the '72 Pantera in this article is the one I looked at when I was on the Great Quest for a Pantera.  Michael Lamm was a really  nice guy. Unfortunately he had just sold the '71 Pantera and didn't want to sell two cars in one fiscal year ( capital gains ). So I told him to let me know when he was ready to sell because to date that was the best car I had looked at, and I had looked at a lot of garbage cans.
      Needless to say I bought another car in the mean time from a different Michael and felt awful when I had to tell Mr. Lamm that I had already bough a car when he called me to tell me the he was ready to sell.
      Took me a while to find the pics of his car  ( I took pictures of all the cars I looked at ) to verify the it was indeed the same car.

So there's my little bit of trivia,

GoNancy
( I bought a '73 by the way )