[DeTomaso] Candle Parties

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:41:34 EDT 2014

We used to own a "company picnic ranch" outside of Houston, and after observing many picnics/gatherings, one of our main problems was activities for men.  For women, it's easy:  chairs so they can sit and talk for hours - everybody's happy.  But, men have to be doing something, or have something in their hands (jump on that Larry).  So Home Parties for women are to sit and talk.  Men don't sit and talk - so parties don't work.  Even if you have a circle jerk, er, I mean a stag-movie party, they have to their hands busy.  So, Asa Jay,YOUR idea will work - as long as they can handle tools, parts, etc., talk about them, pass them around, etc.  Go for it dude!!   Maybe we can have the first one in Houston next May, at the POCA Lone Star Rally.  So, along with all your clothes, spare parts, etc., bring parts to sale at the Men Handling Things Party.    ----BILL Lewis