[DeTomaso] DELCO CONVERSION

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 23:54:24 EDT 2014

Hello All,

I just wanted to report in to all of you about my charging system  saga.

After years of 60 amp and an upgrade to a 100 amp ford alternator, all
with external voltage regulator I decided to contact Jon Haas at Pantera
Electronics. Jon absolutely understands the pantera Electrical system better
than anyone on the planet.

Two weeks ago I took my car out for a 15 mile drive . I had the lights on
and the radiator fans were going . All of a sudden my radio stopped and I
thought it had died. When I got home I turned off the engine to open my
garage  door. I went to restart the car and the car battery was completely
drained to  the point that the car would not crank .What died was the voltage
regulator so I  DECIDED ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Jon has been telling me for the longest time to install the Delco 12si with
 internal regulator . I purchased Jon's installation kit and I ordered the
alternator from DB Electric. The Delco alternator uses a smaller  diameter
pivot bolt than the ford alternator .Instead of drilling into the AC  Mount
I took the Delco to my local Alternator shop and they drilled the
alternator hole to accommodate the larger ford pivot bolt.

To make a long story short . The 94 amp alternator is now installed in the
car and with everything electrical running the voltmeter read 13 to 14
volts and the ammeter was charging . Before the alternator was installed the
car  was always discharging unless I was running at over 2000  RPM .

The ammeter is steady now with no jittering at all like before .

This is all FYI and I would highly suggest this Delco 12si and Jon's  Kit.

Follow this link below to Jon's Website

http://www.pantera-electronics.com/gm12sialternator.htm

Best ,
Bob Levitt