[DeTomaso] Webers from the factory?

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 13:09:53 EDT 2014

So far I have not seen a car that actually came 'new' from De Tomaso with Weber carbs.

There was the 'stock' Autolite, and Euro-GTS cars could receive a Holley, (If the buyer paid for that option.)

but I do not know of any car that actually had Webers from 'new'.

The Group 4 cars probably started with the Holley (so photos indicate), but as both the Holley and the Webers

were Homologated the race cars 'upgraded' to the Webers quickly.

I am not aware of any De Tomaso (Group 3, street cars, GT5, GT5-S, etc.) that is documented as being

initially delivered with Webers.

Does anyone know of a De Tomaso having Weber carbs 'new' from the factory?

Chuck

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp