[DeTomaso] Track event attendees - POCA Lone Star Fun Rally Update #5

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 8 14:44:38 EDT 2014

Did I miss the cost of the track event?

On Friday, August 8, 2014 3:32 AM, Kirby Schrader <kirby.schrader at gmail.com> wrote:

   Update #5

   (We're going to need a bigger track!)
   For everyone's information and for the Texas gang's planning
   purposes...
   Who plans to attend the TWS Track Event with their Pantera and actually
   drive on the 2.9 mile course (besides the lunchtime touring, of
   course)?
   If your Pantera is broken or otherwise going to be MIA, propose your
   'backup car'.
   The quantity of other 'crowds/groups' is growing rapidly. I hope those
   will move to the top group!
   Some have done that on this update.
   The question was asked 'Are mufflers required?'
   Tom Upton races there all the time and he responded:
   "Track has same as SCCA.  104 db@  70 ft, but I have not seen it being
   enforced even though I went to great pains to meet it."
   We are up to 25+ (maybe 34?) so far!
   The 'for damned sure I'll be there' crowd.
    - Tom Upton - Pantera
    - Kirby Schrader - Pantera
    - Rob Pink - Pantera and 240Z
    - David from Durango (aka Dirty and Grouchy) - Pantera
    - Dennis Quella - Pantera
    - Mike Trusty - Pantera
    - David Bell - Pantera
    - Bob Radefeld - Pantera
    - Bud Hower - Pantera
    - Frank C. - Pantera?
    - Mark Skwarek - Pantera
    - Jeff Detrich - Pantera
    - Bob Benson - Pantera
    - Rich Hoppe - Pizza Pantera
    - Chuck Huber - Pantera
    - Dennis Antennuci (aka Mad Dawg) - Pantera (he realized he's working
   too hard)
    - Dave Londry - Pantera (needs to sort out tires)
    - Julian Kift - GT40?
    - Gray Gregory - Pantera (Saturday only! Sunday is Pig Roast day at
   the ranch!!)
    - Michael Shortt - Pantera
    - Bob Knox - Pantera
    - Will Kooiman - Pantera/JT's Pantera/Viper
    - John Neal - Pantera
    - John Johnson - Pantera
    - Nick Sakulenzki - Pantera
   (Note: There will probably be at least two other GT40 MkII's hanging
   around, too.)
   The 'heard they were interested, but not sure' crowd.
    - Richard Boschert - Pantera
    - Garth Rodericks - Pantera
    - Steve Hawkins - Pantera

   The 'I'm not nuts, but I'd like to think I'm nuts and I'll be there'
   crowd.
    - Ed Nagel - Pantera
    - Jerry Knotts - Pantera/Miata/RX-7/Mustang?
   The "some assembly required before being track ready" crowd.
    - Chuck Engles - Pantera
    - Dylan Schrader - Pantera
    - Louis Schlaudt - Pantera
    - Michael Frazier - Pantera
   The "some electrical gremlins to be vanquished before being track
   ready" crowd.
    - Alex Engles - Pantera
   The 'wants to go really fast in a rental car' crowd
    - Place holder!  :-)
   The 'should come but probably won't' crowd
    - Asa Jay
    - John Bentley
   Hoping to hear from all y'all so I can update this further.
   I hereby faithfully promise to annoy everyone with regular updates over
   the coming months.
   :-)
   Thanks,
   Kirby