[DeTomaso] front condensor question

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:19:13 EDT 2014

My point was that with the radiator fans running when I would turn on the
ac switch the compressor would go on ( the fans would already be running.
If it's hot enough for AC I would assume that both radiator fans would be
on. Of my two radiator fans one is controlled by an thermostat switch and
the other by a lower thermostat switch ( upper and lower on the radiator) I
guess I could install an over ride switch that would insure that the fan
behind the condenser would turn on when the ac was turned on regardless of
the thermostat switches.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM, Scott Bell <scott at saccrestorations.net>
wrote:

> You need the fans running with the AC on because when the car is stopped,
> the pressure in the AC system will continue to build
> because there is no cooling happening without the fans running. This will
> cause the system to go into an overpressure situation
> causing the trinary switch to shut off the compressor or a hose to blow if
> there isn't a safety pressure switch installed in the
> system.

   thermoswitches OR by the A/C. A  Most conventional cars with