[DeTomaso] front condensor question

Forest Goodhart forestg at att.net
Tue Aug 5 16:09:35 EDT 2014

There are a couple ways to do this. I used to use a trinary switch that parallels the temperature senders to turn on both fans when the head pressure reaches about 280#. This worked fine for years and would still be except that the temperature switch for the radiator failed so I replaced the system with Pantera Electronics fan controller that has an AC input that brings both fans on at full speed. This is still activated by the trinary switch. I see no benefit to staging the fans. If only one is required having them both on means that they will cycle off sooner.
The factory two sensors were originally both reading the temperature of coolant leaving the radiator due to the vertical baffle. The later radiators with horizontal baffles screws this all up but most people don't understand this and many don't want to.
If I were you I would either use the existing condenser fan relay to parallel the temperature switches or install a trinary switch connected in parallel with the radiator sensor.
Good luck
Forest