[DeTomaso] front condensor question

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 5 14:53:57 EDT 2014

 When I moved ours 10 yrs ago, the condenser sits 1" away from the main rad, with the gap filled with closed-cell urethane foam. Custom brackets hold it in position and both rad and condenser are removable as a unit. Shrouded sucker fans are the only logical solution. If the condenser is displaced to the right side, wire that one fan to come on when the compressor starts. Std length hoses will fit once you re-rout them. The only problem is placing the dryer so its sight-glass is visible, so I used an aluminum semi truck dryer that's 2" shorter than std & it fits under the front hood, in the unused rt corner near the battery. Some drilling is necessary.

   When one moves the condenser from the rear to the front of the Pantera
   do you place it in front of the radiator? Do you use only the sucker
   fans for the radiator to cool the radiator and the condenser? I know
   this has been discussed but I didn't remember the facts.
   Thanks,
   Boyd