[DeTomaso] Insurance for Track Events

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Aug 1 09:31:44 EDT 2014

Dear Kirby,

                 I feel your pain and aggravation.  A similar story:
Decades ago, I was shopping for Pantera insurance.  I called Farmer's or
State Farm or Allstate.  I told them that I wanted to insure a sports
car.

                 The young man asked me some questions and asked  the
make and model of the car.

                 I told him, "a 1974 DeTomaso Pantera."

                 He said that it would take a moment to look it up.
There was a dramatic long silence.  He came back and said, "Sir, that
car is on our forbidden list.  I can't help you."

                 I have long remembered the color and honesty of that
guy: "That car is on our forbidden list"!

                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles