[DeTomaso] Insurance for Track Events

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Fri Aug 1 09:13:01 EDT 2014

  Dear Forum,

                Some  Google work found, among others, the two websites
below that sell HPDE coverage for single events.  I ran my car through
the OnTrack online process and with a  $75,000 Pantera value and the
premium for two days was about $450.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance
<http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance>
<http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/hpdeinsurance>

http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx

               Also, I looked at some other forums where track insurance
was discussed.  Apparently, more than one innocent has called to check
with their normal insurance company to see if there sports car would be
covered for an HPDE, autocross or track event and then discovered an
insurance cancellation in the mail when their insurance company
discovered their evil nefarious intentions to venture onto a track.
The repeatedly named worst offenders of such behavior were GEICO and
USAA.  The advice, if you have a policy with those companies, is do NOT
ask them.  Proceed directly to an HPDE track event insurance vendor.

              FWIW.

                               Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles